3.03.2009

3.3.09

Last night's conglomeration was a strange one:

Upon falling asleep, I "wake up" to find my alternate self looking at a chart, informing me when it's (pride swallowed) safest to eat eggs. My mind doesn't like this dream very much, so it takes me to another place.

I find myself walking into a restaurant/karaoke-bar setting, but the stage usually occupied by the courageous performers is now taken by a group of three or four women, who are performing a taste test. We all are super hungry. The servers give the starved crowd some sort of potato--french fries, potato skins, etc.--which we all down instantly. Next course is chicken tenders or something, and the still-hungry guests attack the servers' hands, gorging themselves with the breaded goodness. I steal three pieces from my sister, who then proceeds to get angry at my shocking rudeness. Blinded by hunger, I retreat to the other side of the room, where there seems to be more chicken. Suddenly, everyone begins to clear out. I leave a nasty note for the rude men next to me. How rude they were to the waitresses...

Suddenly, I am in a back room of some sort, where an after party is being held. This is an after party for a horror movie, three-part, Hannibal-esque film, in which the killer has no face, yet at the end of each movie, a part of his face is conjured up from wherever...anyway, the party was in celebration of his face returning to normal. Needless to say, it was quite ugly.

With me at the party were two friends. I was pretty happy to see them. Elated. Music begins to play, and we start to dance. I get close to one friend...perhaps too close. But the darkness that is the transition to my waking up covers all awkwardness.

I get up to hit the alarm, and I've started my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment