3.06.2009

Flying High

Another early night brought an instant loss of consciousness, or so they say.

I am living another ordinary day in a futuristic, more overgrown college campus. It is my college now, however, everything is less touched by man's hand. Vines drape the brick buildings, and everything is opposite. For example, buildings usually on my left in real life are now on my right. The air is fresher, and no cars are in sight. One might think he or she is on another planet.

I walk home from class, taking yet another back way known by few. I suddenly find myself in a workplace. I am with one of my friends...this one is also close to me, though I have no memory of who she was. A blonde caucasian...specific, right? Anyways, she is test-driving a machine that either I invented or I just run. It is like a futuristic helicopter cabin. No wings, no tail. Just a glossy, white shell that fits one. She enters, and I take the control. It is a remote much like that of a model vehicle, and is extremely sensitive to my touch. Finding the perfect balance, I set my friend airborne.

Over our radio-like devices, I hear her excitement. She is in love with the view of the city. We're no longer on campus...I am flying her around the Washington Monument. I'm in awe with the view (I have a bird's eye perspective) and I love what I'm doing. Who knew
I could get this far? She is too infatuated with the view, but I feel that she is more infatuated with the one who is flying her. Feeling awkward by this realization, I drop her, and she lands smoothly. I walk home.

It's Sunday. I stop by the dining halls around, too lazy to get real food, but they're all packed. I go home and surrender to the fact that it will be another foodless night.

I wake up, more hungry and exhausted than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment